Tuesday, May 18, 2010

APOPTYGMA BERZERK / the apopcalyptic manifesto


I am a big fan of Apoptygma Berzerk. They are one of my personal favorite bands of all time (next to VNV Nation and KMFDM). I haven't been into the band for too long, maybe like a year or two. "Welcome to Earth" was my first Apop album. When I picked up "Welcome to Earth", I had mistaken Apocalyptica for Apoptygma Berzerk. What a happy mistake. I loved what I heard on "Welcome to Earth". The fusion of industrial beats with the sweet melodies of trance music was nothing that I heard of. Over time, I picked up "Harmonizer" and "7". I also started listening to fellow Metropolis mates VNV Nation, Icon of Coil, and Project Pitchfork. Next to VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk is my favorite band on Metropolis records. I recently came upon "Apopcalyptic Manifesto" on one of my excursions to my favorite record store. I came upon a large stash of cds by Clan of Xymox, Project Pitchfork, Convenant, and Apop's "Apopcalyptic Manifesto". I automatically grabbed the Apop cd without hesitation as well as cds by Clan of Xymox, Convenant, and Project Pitchfork. Although "Apopcalyptic Manifesto" is a compilation, most of the songs on this cd is new to me. In comparison to the other Apop cds I own, the music I heard on "Apopcalyptic Manifesto" is slightly more aggressive and experimental. I especially loved the instrumental "The Approach of Death". "All Tomorrows Parties" is perhaps my personal favorite song (w/vocals) on the cd. I enjoyed both versions of "Ashes to Ashes" a great deal. I can't pick which version I like more. Like my other Apop cds, I loved "Apopcalyptic Manifesto". I can't get enough of Apoptygma Berzerk.



The apopcalyptic manifesto

Bit rate: 128 kps

LINK: theapopcalypticmanifesto



01. APB Goes C64 (Intro)

02. Deep Red.mp3

03. Bitch.mp3

04. Stitch.mp3

05. Spiritual Reality.mp3

06. Electronic Warfare.mp3

07. All Tomorrows Parties.mp3

08. ARP.mp3

09. Burnin' Heretic (Album version).mp3

10. Lidelsens Mening.mp3

11. Backdraft.mp3

12. Ashes to Ashes (German Slam version).mp3

13. The Approach of Death.mp3

14. Ashes to Ashes (Original 12' version).mp3

15. Wrack 'Em to Pieces.mp3

16. Burning Heretics (Crisp version).mp3

..

No comments: