Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ROY BUCHANAN / second album







Second album

Bit rate: 192 kps

LINK: secondalbum


01 - Filthy Teddy
02 - After Hours
03 - Five String Blues
04 - Thank You Lord
05 - Treat Her Right
06 - I Won't Tell You No Lies
07 - Tribute To Elmore James
08 - She Once Lived Here



I just received this album two days ago. I bought it in spite of the one negative review that said the sound quality was poor and I'm glad I did! This is not a remastered version of these two albums, but in my estimation the sound quality is excellent considering that this music was recorded in the earley '70's. Roy Buchanan was one of the most expressive guitar players ever. Listening to him is like listening to a conversation without words. The message comes through loud and clear. These are perhaps his two best albums and I heartily recommend them. The second album by itself is almost impossible to find. The two together is a sonic revelation!

.

No comments: